June 1, 2011

Free Baby Shower Invitation {Baby Girl}

Hi there,

It's been forever since we've posted anything. We are sorry for the absence we have been pretty busy.

This post comes with a rather embarrassing story.

I got an invitation to a friends baby shower. I had heard somewhere that the shower would be on the 28th of May, I don't remember if it was from her blog, her facebook page, or an email, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I put it in my calendar as may 28th. I only thought I needed the invitation for the address.

So the 28th comes along. I have a gift, a card and a super cute gift bag, I get all dolled up and head over to the house. Knock on the door and low and behold the shower is next week, June 4th. It says so right on the invitation. right above the address.

I can't believe I didn't read the invitation. I felt like an idiot. Trying to save some form of dignity I handed the "soon to be host" the present, apologized for bothering her said that I can't make it next week, which is true, and walked away red faced and all. It was very very embarrassing.

The whole encounter made me want to design a baby shower invitation, mainly because I was staring at it for a very very long time asking myself how I could have missed the real date, and this is what I came up with.

free pink baby girl baby shower invitation

Here is the download



I think it's pretty cute.

For the name in green your going to have to follow the following steps.
1. open the file
2. hide the simplified/rasterized jessica smith layer
3. unhide the jessica smith text layer.
4. type the name of the lucky woman
5. rasterized/simplify the lucky woman's name
6. go to file>edit>stroke
7. make the stroke color black and the point size 1 and make sure you have outside selected, it looks funny if you have center or inside selected, then press okay.
you now should have the lucky womans name in green and stroked with black.

I hope you enjoy the card and remember, as always, it's free. Go crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this was an extremely good post. Spending some time and
    actual effort to make a good article… but what can I
    say… I put things off a lot and never seem to get nearly anything
    done.

    Review my weblog; vintage nail art decals

    ReplyDelete